The 2017 Fiat 124 Spider is an exquisitely rendered car with well-balanced and joy inducing attributes. It is hard to imagine how improvements can be made to such a model by Fiat has come up with an answer to solve this problem. The outside of this car looks properly Italian – sleek and tailored. This car has made improvements to its comfort and has added state of the art technologies to its system. Overall this new automobile has a sporty yet restrained look.
Interior and Exterior Features of 2017 Fiat 124 Spider
• New 2017 Fiat 124 Spider is a user friendly vehicle to say the least. Some of the features of this stylish new car are:
1. Larger trunk
2. The longer rear end.
3. Padded fabric roof which provides the quietest interior for top up cruising.
• In order to give a better experience with the drive quality, the manufacturers have come up with the following features:
1. The automatic transmission makes this car traffic jam-friendly as well.
2. The visceral road feels.
3. Tactile steering which is direct and communicative.
3. Fiat’s springs and dampers make the ride much smoother as compared to previous models.
4. Quieter highway cruising.
5. Mileage that this car provides is perhaps the best as compared to previous Fiat models.
6. Strong brakes make this car a safe ride – halting the car from 70mph in 165 feet.
• Other features of the car’s driving system includes the following aspects of engineering:
2. It is a 2-passenger, 2-door convertible car.
3. Standard six-speed manual transmission or automatic transmission.
4. Gleaming 17-inch 10-spoke wheels.
• As for other aesthetic features which have a major role in designing, the following are notable
1. Acoustic windshield.
2. A thicker rear window.
3. Sound deadening material.
4. Movable cup holder stalks are used.
5. Seats use netting and urethane structure.
6. Automatic climate control
7. A 7-inch touchscreen radio, leather upholstery
8. Heated seats
The most impressive feature of this vehicle is its ability to shift weight from side to side and then immediately take a set to take off in the opposite direction.
To some, this car may be less sporty as compared to other cars. This car is more for people who care less about sportiness and more about sunshine and style.
Engine Features of 2017 Fiat 124 Spider
A 1.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine having 160 hp and 184 lbs per feet of torque is used for 2017 Fiat 124 Spider. At 2533 pounds this car weighs 150 pounds more than previous models – this slightly reduces the acceleration of this vehicle. It can go from 0-60 mph in just 6.8 sec. At full throttle, Fiat’s uninterrupted torque delivery kept this car’s turbo spooled.
Fuel economy for this Fiat 124 Spider 2017 was observed at 21mpg. This engine is rated at 25 mpg in the city and 36 on the highway.
The possible safety features for 2017 Fiat 124 Spider includes:
1. A rearview camera
2. Rear park assist
3. A blind spot monitors with rear cross traffic alert.
4. Child safety rear door locks.
5. Daytime running lights.
6. Traction control.
7. Night vision.
8. Rollover protection bars.
Other standard features like safety bags and fog lights will be also be incorporated into this 2017 124 Spider.
2017 Fiat 124 Spider – Release Date and How Much will Cost?
The 2017 Fiat 124 Spider is likely to be released sometime next year with a base price of around $25,990.